Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Drive, and The Arrival.

Saturday, approximately 2pm, myself, and owner/operator of Enagami Wilderness Lodge, Eric Lund departed from London heading north. We planned on meeting up with co-guides Kyle Mudge, Mark Gryszczuk, Andrew Lee, and Ben Overeem in North Bay, at the local Don Cherry's for dinner. Eric and I, coasted along the 401, 400, and eventually Highway 11, smoothly, if not to mention the rain, sleet and snow we drove through to get there. Stopped in Powassan to pick up two refurbished boats from Giesler Boats. There was 4inches of snow in Powassan, and we decided that after dinner we would stay in North Bay, and not push on to New Liskeard as we usually, and had planned to do.
Dinner was great, catching up with people you may have lost touch with, or didn't see in the off-season. Sharing stories, and of course watching the Montreal Canadians, hold there own against the Penguins.
After finishing dinner and heading to the hotel, we were quick to bed. Exhausted from the long drive, and thinking of the day to come, it proved to be a popular decision.
6am is when the next day started, 9 or so, hours ahead of us, nothing but open road, nature, and every Timmy's from North Bay to Nakina. Stopping to grab some supplies, and eat were the only slow downs, and before we new it we were arriving at Nakina Air Service, to unload and organize our gear. We crashed that night in a cabin located directly beside the Air service, settled in and had a beer or two. The morning seemed to come fast, and before I knew it, I was back in the Sky, turbo Otter just soaring along, destination: Esnagami Wilderness Lodge.
Once back on firm ground, we sort of milled around camp, showing first year guide, Ben where everything is. Camp was in extremely good condition, which made opening camp a piece of cake, I mean still work to be done, but we minor slow downs. As well as the shape of the camp, the weather as we headed up from North Bay on Sunday, did nothing but got better and more beautiful. Got some boats in the water, and hopefully will wet a line tomorrow. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment